Tuesday, February 3, 2009

True Beauty!



So have I told you that I hate Reality TV. I mean I despise it! I try my hardest to not know what is going on with Reality TV.....but, one night the TV stayed on this show because unfortunately I do keep the TV on for background and it didn't get changed soon enough and Alan & I saw "True Beauty" and it sucked us in....!!!! First we just sat there with our mouths opened in shock because we couldn't believe how self centered, egotistical and mean all these "Beautiful" people were. Last night Alan and I died laughing over so many stupid things that were said by these "Beautiful" people. But I think because I am going to be substituting in Seminary for a week in the next couple of weeks this morning I saw this show in a whole other light! For those of you who have never seen it they have judges that give these contestants tasks they have to do like video shoots, photo shoots, modeling etc... and that is what the contestants think they are being judged on but what they are really being judged on is how they treat each other (which quite frankly is horrible) or they have actors who are waiters that spill things on them "accidentally" to see how they react and how they treat people....because what the show is really saying is true beauty is what a person is on the inside...but the contestants don't know that. Any way then at the end of each show they bring the bottom 2 to the "House of Beauty" and the person who gets sent home then has to watch a video where they show how badly they have behaved to the other contestants, or strangers on the sidewalk, or the actors they paid to try and trip them up! And they don't just play that one shows rudeness, they show every thing from the beginning until the moment that they are being sent home. Then the part that Alan loves is they have these enormous beautiful portraits of all the contestants that do show that they are beautiful for sure, but when the person goes home they have two janitors come and take their portrait off the wall and throw it in the trash! So my point, and I am getting to it is....

This morning because lasts night show was still fresh in my mind...I started thinking....how many times have I been rude to someone because I was having a bad day. Or how many times have I handled a situation badly that could have been handled in a kinder way. Did I always help others that needed my help or did I walk on by, how do I treat waiters and the sales clerks etc, etc.. I then thought how hard will that be when I get to my final judgment to see the video of my life and all the mean or unkind things that I have done and have that be shown for me and for all to see....... hmmmm! Great "real life" example! Like I said, I am definitely in object lesson mode!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I've never seen the show. Sounds...hmmm...interesting. I'm glad that you came up with something positive and that it made you think...you made me think as well. Thank you for the reminder of "true beauty".

Cheree said...

I don’t like reality TV either – but I have caught portions of that show. It is cute . . . I always wonder to myself “where do they find these people?!”

Wonder Woman said...

You of course know that I'm a total reality TV junkie. And this show.......I can't stop watching it. Watching the "beautiful" people act ugly....or beautiful, surprisingly, is so fun for me. I love when my favorite girl (Julia) proves that she's beautiful on the inside, and I love trying to figure out who's really ugly inside.

The show that makes me wonder about my own actions is "What would you do?" I think it's on tuesdays. It's actors and real people, seeing if the real people are going to the do the right thing when someone's in trouble, or doing something wrong, or are they just going to walk by? I'm scared I'm going to be watching that show sometime and see myself just walk by!!