Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm tagged - I hate tags - I never do tags!!!!

Never say never.... on facebook I had been tagged a couple of times for this 25 random things about yourself and I gleefully ignored it...but then my daughter Allison tagged me and that did me in...so here I go...

Between this and the 1o embarrassing things I had to do earlier in a post...you should really know me by now...ha!

1. I was born in Provo, Utah while my parents were attending BYU

2. There is no dessert that is "too rich" for me

3. I swore I would never be one of those women who didn't wear make-up or got fat --- Now that I'm older I almost never wear make-up! And I am heavier than I wish I was.

4. All of my babies where born at 6 1/2 months. weighing 2 lbs 9 oz.; 2 lbs 6 ozs; 3 lbs 14 ozs.

5. My first pregnancy was a miscarriage

6. I have taught early morning seminary for 7 years (Kansas, Georgia and Texas), Primary Chorister for 15 yrs (not 15 straight and not all in the same ward), RS teacher, Primary teacher, Home Making Counselor in RS Prescy when they still had homemaking meetings, In the Stake Relief Society Presidency when I was 22, lots of other fun callings...but NEVER in young women's...interesting.

7. I love going to movies, have found that harder to do these days and that makes me sad because of the Ratings and how they think they have to make movies now.

8. I am a slave to traditions -- but I think my family appreciates that.

9. Change is hard for me

10. My family is my life and first priority...

11. Married an amazing man and have been happily married for 30 1/2 yrs.

12. Met my husband 31 yrs ago on President's Day at BYU in the Library on the 4th floor!

13. I have as a mother been very involved in theatre in the high schools and was even Theatre Parents Booster Club President for 2 yrs. because both of my girls Anne Marie and Allison were big into theatre, won awards and everything!

14. I have a disabled daughter who is 23 -- 24 in March...she is the greatest blessing to our family! And I know that everyone of us feels that way....to me that is a blessing as well.

15. You might have heard but I'm a little opinionated and kind of controlling! I try hard not to control everything...but what can I say?

16. I had the most amazing room mates my 2nd semester in College at BYU and they were all my bridesmaids at my wedding! And most of us have managed to still stay in touch...amazing!

17. It use to be that if you came unannounced to my home and my home was not what I considered presentable I would talk to you on my doorstep...outside somehow...but you were not coming in. I then changed my priorities about this and decided that people and friends where more important....so now even if you catch me on a bad day house wise...I will let you in...because you are more important than what my house looks like!

18. My personal history is all written and current! But my family won't read it...funny! When I die they will appreciate it.

19. I have been known to wear the same dress for 3 days because I never went to bed I was so involved in a project.....this is only when I was stay at home mom at home....not out in public!

20. When I get dressed in the morning..that's it....I do not go home and change into something more comfy....who has time to do all that changing....and wash!

21. Wash is my downfall...it will trip me up every time. When I was first married I loved doing the wash, having it done, all folded and put away....when I went through a bit of depression after having Aileen and realizing she was disabled....I could not make myself go downstairs to do the wash. Not so much of a problem anymore...but still a struggle to get it done!

22. I have helped my mother recover in the last 5 years through 7 surgeries! The last was life threatening.

23. I have been blessed that when I have had to work...my jobs have all been through someone I know and have been the perfect job for that stage and time of my life! I have seen the Lord's hand work through others many times!

24. I played with the Murray Utah Symphony, I was a soloist for the Murray Messiah Sing-In, and I performed in 2 musicals at Utah Pioneer Playhouse(isn't that what its called?) when we lived in Murray and in one musical my oldest was in it with me!

25. My major in college was Music Education for the handicapped! Also interesting i think!

2 comments:

Zepp Family said...

Lois, you are a phenomenal blogger! I especially love all the fun family pics on the blog's sidebars. Gotta love being in the "three daughters club!" It'll be fun to peek in on you and all your up to.

P.S. We totally wanted the Cardinals to win too...bummer.

Wonder Woman said...

Wow.....I loved learning all these things about you!! That is *very* interesting that your major was musical education for the handicapped. I had no idea that you played in a symphony.

Some of my favorite memories of you are when you directed the stake play. That was my first experience with theater, and regrettably one of my last. I wish that I had done more of it in high school.

I'm officially adding you to my reader...I'm embarrassed that it took so long! Oh, and that missionary was Cody Shepherd. Remember him? He had red hair and was a SHAMELESS flirt. I was only 14 -- looking back, I can't believe some of the things he said and did. He's the one that got me hooked on missionaries, unfortunately. :)