Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Girls Night out!

I had a girls night out with my visiting teaching partner and one of our ladies and went to see "He's Just Not That Into You" (our VT sister's choice) it was cute and most of the endings were happy so I enjoyed it very much! Lots of laughs! But I have to say it, even if it is not sensitive of me to say....I'm so glad I'm happily married! Now if my prayers can just be answered and if my girls can maneuver their way through the mine field called dating and find someone to be happy with that would make my joy complete! But after this movie (of course I couldn't watch it without thinking about them) I worry for them....it's so hard and the world just doesn't have standards or manners or men willing to make commitments any more so it's scary! All a mother can do is pray and pray hard! But I also hope, and I think they are confident enough to know.... it would have to be a pretty amazing man to be better than no man!

3 comments:

K said...

What fun! I have to agree with being grateful that I have found such an awesome guy myself! I don't think I'm cut out for the dating game in this day and age.

Unknown said...

Me neither! I played the dating game for 2 years before I met Cameron and that was long enough! We're lucky that we've found amazing husbands. They're hard to come by.

Cheree said...

I know what you mean! I don’t envy my single girlfriends at all. Dating is HARD – especially as an adult . . . I wouldn’t trade my “naivety” for it (having married my HS sweetheart) in all the world.
I’m sure your daughters will be fine – with great examples they have as parents! :-)