Friday, February 6, 2009

Yay! A Haircut!

You know how it is when your a mother.....2 girls in college, one special needs child, a husband who has to wear suits to work etc...everyone else always comes first when it comes to needing haircuts, highlights, coloring, clothes what have you! Well, it finally was my turn (it's only been 6 months, way too long) my hair was driving me crazy so I decided no matter what, no matter how much my brakes cost to get fixed....I was getting my hair cut! If Don was still in our Ward and not in 8th Ward now, I know he would have been walking by me at Church saying "have you lost my number?" or "you need to come see me" But that's alright because I really love my hair dresser (I don't know if that's politically correct anymore, but oh well)

Don Marin, Sr. is the man I go to for all my hair beauty needs. And I have to tell you no matter how he cuts it -- it is always a good cut! You never have to "just give it 2 weeks and it will be all better". When he fixes it I look great because he takes time to style it...but you all know I don't take that kind of time. And when it hasn't been 6 months so that my hair is totally past the point of being able to do anything....I can totally just blow it dry, hit it with a little bit of a straight iron and I'm off and it looks great! Sometimes, especially when it is first cut, I can just blow it dry and go and not even curl it and it always looks great, because it is a great cut!

Don was the person who invented highlights! He was the first to ever do it and went around teaching everyone to do it when he was younger. He also invented magnetic rollers, and a certain way to cut hair (which he also went around teaching at all the shows and schools) that I have seen all the stylist to the stars do. These were all his trademarks and patents and he just showed me something today he invented that I would not be surprised if we don't see everyone using soon! He also does hair extensions if you have some extra money laying around you don't need! (Which some of his clientele do) So even though in a few days my hair will be back to the way I fix it, meaning just blowing it dry and running out the door! Today I felt beautiful! Thanks Don!

5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

How cool!! It looks fabulous!!
And a GREAT reminder that I need to visit my lady ;).

Unknown said...

Isn't my grandpa wonderful! Thanks for sharing that!! That makes me want to hop on a plane right now to DFW and get my hair done by "Papa."

Kim said...

You look beautiful as usual BUT it is great that now you feel it too. It is so nice to have a haircut.

~Rachel said...

I love the hair cut! You hit the nail on the head about Don he can work wonders with hair. My hair never looked better than when he cut it.

BigDon said...

Well what a nice blog about my great dad. He really is the best you know. The best hairdresser? Yes. But also the best at soooooooooo many more things.
Don Martin II