Monday, February 16, 2009

Presdient's Day is a special holiday!

31 yrs ago on President's day holiday, Alan and I met at BYU at the Library. I always sat at the same table on the 4th floor so that everyone knew where to find me i.e. room mates, boys I was dating, friends etc. When I got to my table there were 2 young men already sitting down and I almost went and found another table because I did not want for the boys to think that I was trying to meet them (stereo type for BYU girls), but I thought "hey, this is my table and I'm not going to let them run me off". So I sat down and started studying. Soon one of the young men said to me, "Do I know you?, you look familiar" which I thought was totally a line....and I told him that no, i didn't think so. The 2nd boy, said "Boy, Alan that was a great pick-up line" and we all started laughing. Then we started talking and getting to know each other a little better and before I knew it they had talked me into making a Lasagna dinner for Alan (found out his name) and Alan's room mate Lane, and Lane's girlfriend. And then we would go to the BYU Dance Friday night! After that every day I kept seeing him everywhere I walked in between my classes. I found out later he had looked up my schedule and started making sure he was where I was going so we would run into each other! by the time I was leaving school that semester for the summer break I was engaged and by the end of summer before classes started up again in the Fall I was married! It's a great BYU story, don't ya think?

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh! What a great sweet story!!

Unknown said...

HOW dang cute!! Dating memories are so fun.

Kim said...

Cool...and look at you now 30 years later...he would probably do the same thing even today :)

~Rachel said...

How neat. I love to hear how people met their spouses.

Ashlee said...

That is a GrEaT story!! How special President's Day is for you two!

Amber Joy said...

that is such a great byu story. i love to hear how people met :) if you go back to one of my old posts tagged memory monday (march 10), you can read about sean and i.

Amber Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.