Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Oscars!

I am such a movie buff that I have always loved the Oscars! Almost couldn't wait to see which movies I had seen and loved were the ones to get picked. Now a days I still get excited over the hype and excitement of seeing my favorite movie stars all dressed up....but I hardly know any of the movies anymore! I think it is really sad when I will not be able to watch most of tonight's winners. Use to be that if I hadn't seen a movie that won, I would be sure to go and see it. Once again, these days there are usually very few that I can go and see afterwards! I long for a Hollywood that didn't want to show us "how it really is" and just wanted to give us good entertainment! But I still watch the Oscars and dream that some day I will be able to say again, that I saw that movie and I agree with that pick! As much as I love to go to the movies....I hardly can find one to go see anymore!

3 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

It's so annoying!! I'd love to see Slumdog Millionaire, and The Reader and Revolutionary Road looked really intriguing, too.

I don't know that I've ever actually watched the whole show before, but I LOVED it tonight!! The musical numbers were awesome. I loved having past winners come back to present, and giving personal messages to the nominees. The short films mixed together were great.

My only beef with this year was all the attention given to Prop 8, and the hypocrisy that they obviously don't see. I know that not all the critcism is directed at Mormons, but it sure feels like it is!

Lois Brown said...

I agree tonight was one of the best Oscar shows I've seen in a long time. Yes, I would really like to have seen the 3 movies you mentioned as well, especially since I love Kate Winslett...but your right we cant' go see them before or now that they have won, it's very frustrating.

I wrote this post before I watched the show and when the 1st supporting actress role went to Penelope Cruz, whose movie is about a horrible horrible subject I thought we were doomed!

But like you I loved seeing the past winners come back and salute the nominees. I thought Hugh Jackson did a great job entertaining us. loved the musical numbers as you said. I loved the short film mixes.

Yes, if Milk had to win they should have just said thank you instead of get on thier soapbox (pun intended since I guess that's what he did in the movie)i had hoped we had learned in past years not to bring politics into the award but alas. I was surprised when the writer of Milk said he had been a mormon from texas before moving to california....that's probably why it felt like we were being attacked.

The biggest dissapointment for me was that Brad Pitt didn't win..he is such a great actor and was amazing in the "Curios case of Benjamin Button" I thought he deserved to finally be nominated and win.

Lois Brown said...

ooops Hugh Jackman not Jackson...typo!